Thursday, April 28, 2011

How to help!

One of the greatest parts of an adventure in life is the ability to share it
with others. I thank each and every one of you for your interest in my
adventure, and for giving me the ability to share this with you!

The greatest way for you to join me is by keeping the children, staff, and the work of the Farm of the Child in your regular prayers! Prayers are essential because they allow our mission and our daily work to become larger than just ourselves. Also, please know of our prayers for each one of you! I also encourage you to look into the organization at farmofthechild.org.
Inform others about this amazing opportunity, and ask for their prayers as well!
"The fervent prayer of a righteous person is very powerful" - James 5:16

Another way for you to get involved is by keeping up with this blog. I intend to write regularly over the next three years, and am looking forward to keeping you all updated about my time at the Farm. If you'd like to receive letters, or e-mail updates, please just let me and I'll be sure to write you as well!

A third way for you to support my work is by making a donation. In addition to the 27 month commitment that each of my fellow volunteers and I make, we also pledge to raise the funds to cover our living, travel, and preparation expenses. In my case, these expenses amount to $10,000 for the duration of my commitment. It's never easy to ask for money -- especially from the majority of you who are poor college students -- but even a dollar or two each month, for twenty-seven months, adds up to something great!

If you would like to make a tax-deductible donation online...

1. Go to www.farmofthechild.org/donate.php

2. Enter the dollar amount you wish to donate. Click Update Total.

3. If you have a PayPal account, sign in. If not, click Don’t have a PayPal Account to continue.

4. Enter your name, address and credit card information. Click Review & Continue.

5. Click on the link Add Donation Instructions.

6. Include my name, Sara DePhillips, in the instructions section.

7. Click Continue and Confirm Payment

8. You will receive an email confirming your donation and we will receive an email confirming the donation as well, so that we can send you a tax receipt.



You can also mail a check made out to the Farm of the Child to:
Sara DePhillips
9725 Turner Lane
Brentwood, TN 37027

I've been so blessed to have such supportive people in my life, and I'm truly thankful for each of you! Thank you for the support, prayers, and interest that you have expressed! I'm looking forward to sharing this journey with you!

Love in Christ,
Sara

“Never doubt that a small group of dedicated individuals can change the world; indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.”
-Margaret Mead

No comments:

Post a Comment