Friday, November 25, 2011

October and November in Photos

Here is just a quick picture update of things that have been going on around the Farm these past two months:

There was a dance! Two of our children graduated from 6th grade and three graduated from 9th. (In Honduras you are only required to pass 6th grade, so not many children go past this, which is why it is a great privilege for our kids to further their education. All three will be moving on to high school in our Phase two program)

We've already celebrated two (American) holidays here! First: Halloween! I'm not quite sure what I dressed up as because we only had 5 minutes to find a costume. This is my group and the pumpkin we carved.

Next American holiday: Thanksgiving! (I found this to be a hard one to explain here due to the relations that happened with the Pilgrims and Indians shortly following this lovely meal. Still- What a beautiful day to appreciated all that we have been giving in our lives!
To celebrate we had a football (American) game. The teams were the Indians vs. the Pilgrims. The children really enjoyed watching our crazy game that makes very little sense to them.
We also cooked dinner for ourselves and 100 guests. My job was to cook rolls.
Picture this pan times 5. It was a 6 hour ordeal, but everyone was satisfied in the end!



These lovely people were in charge of pies. 15 pies to serve 80 people- and there were leftovers! (I made apple pie pancakes for everyone for breakfast this morning!)
As soon as the visitors were gone, the shoes came off, and the Christmas music turned on! I would call that a successful Thanksgiving in Honduras.

Thank you for all your continued prayer!

2 comments:

  1. I love following your adventures there. You make me very proud to call you my niece!

    Love,

    Milo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh... your rolls look AMAZING!! and from the fagon, too!! muy impresionante!!

    katherine king

    ReplyDelete